Friday 30 September 2011

Can we have our money now....

Welcome to Let’s Talk IMC. I will be using this blog to give you, the readers, an inside look into the IMC course (Interrogated Marketing Communications) and what my opinions and observations are of the program and the individual lessons for the week. Also every week I will be including my most memorable moment of the week, whether it is a lesson, assignment or just a funny story. So, let’s start talking IMC.
 The first four weeks of the IMC course have been great. Everyone in the course is easy to get along with and the teachers are all very knowledgeable and friendly and good at what they do. This week has been a major week for assignments and tests, and let me tell you, it’s been a lot of work to keep up with everything.
As far as the lessons go, I’m learning lots of new thing about skill I thought I had already mastered, so it’s definitely been a learning experience. For example in class today, in my writing class, we learned how and when to use various forms of written communication, such as email, memos, texts, and business letters. Now, like most twenty year olds, I thought I knew how to write a text message and figured there can’t be too many rules, but apparently when it comes to the business world, something just will not fly.
 The most memorable thing this week for me was the video clip that I used for my assignment in my presentation strategies course. The link below will take you to it. It’s some funny product placements that were used in t.v. It got some pretty good laughs from the class.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PrPV9o8HXvs
So, that’s all for this week. Hope you will all come back next week for some more insights into the IMC program  

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing the product placement video. You know that you can embed videos into your postings by clicking the video tool and pasting the video's URL into your blog.

    Just sayin'...

    ReplyDelete